The Starting Lines

Welcome to the abode of Gravia a.k.a ooliganism a.k.a JUNKSORTIE .... well lets start with a lil history of the evo of the names ...

JUNKSORTIE... well its starts with me learning of Chinese boats known as Junks, which sailed across the seas. Well then, it got flexed with 'sortie', influenced by a lot of Naval aviation data from various sources including films; but more of the inspiration came from real life people, especially legends from my school, a military school in India. The films that I fancied then, and wouldn't watching again were, TOPGUN and Behind Enemy Lines!

GRAVIA... this one comes from the times i spent reading computer literature. Reading through cookbooks, and other files on freaking, ASCII art, networks, the history of the telelphone, history of the ARPANET, stories of hackers who took on the governments. Stories of prosecution of the hackers, who went adventuring a little too deep for the convenience of the authorities. I come across the name of FRAVIA, the legendary hacker from EUROPE. Taking precendent from it, i create my own screen name... GRAVIA; partly to utilise the power that the word 'gravity' would bestow on it. After a few years on me taking on this screen name, there was a new product on the block; a light that uses gravity to power itself.

OOLIGANISM... the most identified screen name of mine, the id of my primary email id, and bestowed on me by my school mates for being a total HOOLIGAN !

Comments

Popular Posts