NO CAMERA YET!

I have an interest in photography. I like to know how some of those amazing and incredible pics are shot. My experience in the advertising industry has further strengthened that desire to click and appreciate a good SHOT.

But to date I do not own a camera. The first good camera I laid hands on after understanding basics of exposures, apertures and lenses was a Nikon D60. As always is the case with me borrowed from a friend, Sobin K Baby. And took some of my first shots on it. The topics were the usual suspects; restaurants, beaches, sunsets, children. And another of my friends also started with photography, Jayesh Mohan. He too bought a D60 and this was the other D60 that I used. The lens used then was the ubiquitous 18-55.
                           


My interest in photography might have emanated from the fact that I do not have a single picture of my childhood. Maybe a few may exist in the photo albums of some of my cousins, all I can remember are of three images, one in traditional Kerala attire with a slate in hand and a graphite stick in the other. Destroyed by fungus on the right bottom part. Another, of a naughty looking boy whom everyone claims is me and ruffled hair, unlike now I was very particular about my hair when I was a child. Now I have few left on my head, that it really doesn't bother. But even though it might have emanated from having no photographs of mine. I still do not like being in front of a camera. 


Submerged in 



Comments

Popular Posts